Friday, December 17, 2010

True Confessions: Favorite Pictures

I guess it's not really a confession if everyone already knows. I am not a talented photographer. It's a result of (1) not carrying a camera regularly, and (2) not really having "the eye." As a result, I also don't own a high-end camera. Lucky for me, I've always been surrounded by people who are great at photos, so my life is well documented anyway. It's true: most of the best pictures relating to my life were taken by someone else. I have entire photo albums of pictures that other people took (like Sunshine in college). This point was underscored last weekend. Keith and I went to the wedding of a very good friend of mine. I had a digital camera with flash and zoom, he has an iPhone. With exactly one exception, his pictures are all better than mine. Go figure.

People have been asking for more pictures of Antarctica (and I am sure they are also hoping for fewer words!), so here you go. You'll see I actually liked landscapes more than animals, sorry for those of you who want more penguin pics. Most of these are not my pictures, because my favorite pictures happen to belong to other people. Many thanks to Jen Miller, Cameron Gilreath, and Kobie Bennett (plus a super cute "penguin love" three-panel from Lauren Bishop), because I especially enjoy these ladies' pics (not to mention they made the trip so fun!). And shout outs to Gerry Miller and Frank Todd for the humpback and orcas, respectively. Here are my favorite pictures of our trip to Antarctica, shown in an almost 6-minute slideshow without any music because I treasured the serenity in Antarctica:

Enjoy!

P.S. After 4 days of "seasickness-on-land" I felt normal again. And I can honestly say that despite being sick that first day in the Drake and again for 4 days after coming home, this was still the best trip ever and Antarctica is the most beautiful place I've ever had the honor of visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment